2026 July Media Post
Cool things happen if you know where to look.
Myths Are 100% True
I think this game has one of the most well designed points system I've seen in a platformer. The only particular issues I had with the score design were that I didn't quite understand the ranking system, the game emphasizes combat a little more than I typically play platformers for, and the game incentivizes you to wait around for enemies in admittedly small increments. Those last 2 points especially feel like nitpicking though, the game is really fun.
I also love its style and sense of humor. As advertised it goes for a 2000's Newgrounds style, and while I'm not super familiar with 2000's Newgrounds stuff, I do quite enjoy what this game goes for. After playing, I felt inspired to make this video:
I also love its style and sense of humor. As advertised it goes for a 2000's Newgrounds style, and while I'm not super familiar with 2000's Newgrounds stuff, I do quite enjoy what this game goes for. After playing, I felt inspired to make this video:
Poker Night At The Inventory
I got interested in this game due to this video. I think this game might be more fun to think about than to play. It's fun to play, but not for for super long. The general atmosphere is great, and I love the sheer absurdity of the roster, but the jokes get old and playing Texas Hold 'Em against cpus isn't something I found super engaging on its own. It could be a great game to go back to every once in a while though.
Infinity Train
I mentioned while talking about the Among Us show that I tried to watch this but gave up. Well I felt recompelled to try and finish Season 1 out of curiosity, and then that led me to checking out Season 2, and then I was actually hooked. Season 1 lacked main characters I found charming or interesting, it relied a lot on mystery that I also didn't find interesting. Season 1 kinda just built up the show's premise, while Seasons 2 & 3 explore it in really engaging ways. MT was my favorite character, I thought she was an interesting exploration of personhood. I was worried Season 3 might be a generic plot about bigotry, but it had really exciting drama with some very heavy payoffs, it might be my favorite season overall. Season 4 felt like a return to basics, but it featured protagonists I actually liked so I had a much better time than with Season 1. There was also some interesting stuff near the end of Season 4 involving the character Morgan.
I Truman Show'd My Friend In TF2
This was a particularly funny video so it's getting mentioned here on my blog. I should watch the actual Truman Show sometime.
Backrooms (A24)
I only somewhat enjoy the Kane Pixels Backrooms webseries, so I was worried that I might find this movie kinda boring. There was a much greater narrative and character focus on this movie though, I ended up really enjoying it. I still had some issues, I found it repetitive when the Backrooms had to be introduced 3 separate times to separate characters, I think the 3rd instance could've gone a little faster. There's a very overt theme of repetition that works very well throughout the movie though. The dining room scene in particular was outstanding, it feels like there's so much to unpack there, I think I'd call it one of my favorite movie scenes just in general.
| 2026 Media Posts |





Comments
Post a Comment